Thursday, December 16, 2010

Goodbye Blake Edwards

I grew up watching Blake Edwards movies.  Breakfast at Tiffany's has been one of my favorite movies since I was in high school. I would watch it on rainy days when I was feeling lonely, and didn't even have the company of a cat named Cat.

I thought Inspector Clouseau was the coolest, funniest character ever. I loved the Pink Panther movies. I thought the movies were modeled after the Pink Panther cartoon - not the other way around.  I loved Henry Mancini's music.

I didn't know he was American. I thought he was British like his wife, Julie Andrews, and like the star of the Pink Panther movies, Peter Sellers. Turns out he was from Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I absolutely adored Victor/Victoria. I still make Victor/Victoria jokes, but sadly most people don't get the reference any more. I still remember the sparkling gown Victoria (as Victor playing Victoria - whatever) wore.

I even liked Micki and Maude.

No comments:

Post a Comment