Monday, December 6, 2010

Ensign Tightpants

Wil Wheaton is thrilled that someone knitted him a burrito cover
Okay, so I've never seen Wil Wheaton in tight pants. I just thought it was funny because Wesley Crusher was an Ensign on Star Trek: The Next Generation, and any excuse to make a Firefly reference is taken with glee. It actually fits in a six degrees kind of way because Nathan Fillion (AKA Captain Tightpants) was in Dr. Horrible's Sing-along blog. Felicia Day was in Dr. Horrible's Sing-along blog. Felicia Day is the star of The Guild.

Queue Kevin Bacon moment: Wil Wheaton was in The Guild!!!

So it all makes sense!!! I'm not mad!!! I'm not delirious with fantasy-soaked misguided perceptions of reality!!!

I want to see Wil Wheaton in tight pants now. Or hugging a gaggle of smurfs.

I first read Wil Wheaton's blog several years ago--probably five years ago. But like many adult-onset ADHD girls, I found other geeky things to move on to, and I forgot that I had his blog on my Google Reader. But now that he's Evil Wil Wheaton on The Big Bang Theory, he is prevalent in my life once again. And I still think he's the awesomest.

I listened to his podcast Radio Free Burrito for the first time tonight. It was a short episode (18 minutes), and it was primarily Wil Wheaton talking about Pink Floyd (particularly a performance of The Wall he was going to that night) and reading a short short story he'd written. It was a nice story, but I wish there was more to it. He said, though, that the purpose of writing the story is just to write it--not to make it perfect.

His blog is always funny and creative.  It's neat to follow the life of one of my teenage crushes. I want to read his books (or listen to the audio books, depending on my level of laziness at that moment)

No comments:

Post a Comment