Sunday, November 11, 2012

World War Z


I'm not sure about this. It could be an awesome, thrilling movie, but I'm not sure it will resemble the book its named after. I read the book last year and I remember thinking that it was really a dozen or so disparate stories of survival, with no constant thread except the zombie apocalypse. Even the one continuous character, the narrator, was largely unknown and unheard. He was just there to introduce the survivors. The character didn't have much of his own personality, I thought.

When I first heard there was going to be a movie based on it, I remember thinking "How?" How are they going to wrangle all of these uncommon components? But maybe they have. They probably did have to change the structure of the story and develop the narrator's character. Here's hoping they did a good job.

Oh, and The Killing Lady! Mireille Enos. It's nice to see her! Thank you to io9 for the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment